Lonely Planet Discover Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the might of ancient Rome, explore a city of marble built on a lagoon in Venice, and dine on the freshest food and finest wine imaginable - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Italy :
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food, wine, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Italian way of life culture, Italian design
- Covers Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Milan, Venice, Italian Lakes, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sardinia, Sicily, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Italy is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on Italy's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Going for a short break or weekend? Try Pocket Rome ; Pocket Milan & the Lakes ; Pocket Venice and Pocket Florence & Tuscany , our handy-sized guides focused on top sights and local life.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)