spectacular summits and feel ocean breezes. Tantalize your taste buds
with succulent seafood and sweet maple syrup. Relish history and high
culture. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of New England, with
amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet New England is
your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see
and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Swim, fish or surf the
5000-mile coastline, devour pancakes drenched in maple syrup, or walk in
the footsteps of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau; all with
your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New England and begin your journey now!
Lonely Planet New England Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel
experience - history, literature, education, outdoor activities,
festivals and celebrations, food and drink.
- Over 50 maps
Covers: Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket &
Martha's Vineyard, Central Massachusetts & the Berkshires, Rhode
Island, Vermont, Maine and more